Frequently asked questions
We are delighted to return to in-person events.
RADA Business’s first priority continues to be the health, safety and welfare of participants, coachees, tutors and staff. We are following the latest advice from the UK government, Public Health England and the NHS to limit the risk of Covid-19 infection.
In line with current government guidance, we have put in place a number of measures which provide a Covid-secure environment, which are detailed below. Additionally, our venues have been granted the use of Society of London Theatre & UK Theatre's 'See It Safely' mark. The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest government and industry Covid-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences. You can find out more by visiting our web page.
We have prepared a “How we work together” document to explain the principles behind our approach. You can read this document here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Client Services Team on email@example.com.
- Register your name, email and telephone number and confirm that you or anyone in your household has/does not have Covid-19 symptoms within the last seven days and has not be advised to self-isolate.
- Maintain a 2-metre distance. Be aware that the way we work means that you are likely to be deemed a “close contact” for track and trace.
- You do not need to wear a face covering whilst in the working room, although may continue to do so if you wish.
- Respect others’ space and remember that there will be different levels of risk tolerance in the room. We want everyone to feel comfortable. Raise any concerns with your tutor.
- Follow directions from site staff and tutors.
- Adhere to signage around the building.
- Where possible windows will remain open to aid ventilation. This is regardless of weather, please remember to bring suitable clothing to keep warm.
- In public spaces you must comply with the requirements of the venue.
- Print at home, clearly label with your full name and bring with you on the day.
- Download on to an electronic handheld device (e.g. mobile phone, iPad,) that you can bring with you and view for the duration of the course.
Please read the joining instructions, which will be sent to you approximately two weeks before the course. You will be asked to sign our “How we work together” document in advance of the course. It will be sent to you in advance of the course and you must return it, via email, before you attend. If we have not had this back, you will not be able to attend and no refund will be given.
We recommend that you undertake a rapid lateral flow test before attending any of our courses or coaching. If you are attending at RADA Studios, to protect the health of staff and students and to reduce the risk of teaching or production being interrupted, we are asking all staff, students, visitors and contractors to take a lateral flow test within 24 hours before arriving on site (ideally the same day) . You will be asked to show proof of this, which you can do on arrival, using the email or text message confirmation from the NHS. Further guidance can be found at NHS.uk.
Please do not attend if you are feeling at all unwell. If you are able, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before the course start time.
Upon arrival, we will ask you to
There will be a sanitising station by Reception. We recommend that you use this upon arrival or wash your hands. At the start of the course, you will receive a short safety briefing from the tutor.
Our sessions are practical, so a number of measures will be in place to ensure that you get the best from the event whilst remaining safe and Covid-compliant. We ask that you:
If you do not comply, you may be asked to leave and we will be unable to offer a refund or credit.
When in RADA Studios, we will not be able to accommodate any requests to work on site or take calls, as we have been able to in the past.
In line with Government guidance you are not required to wear a face covering although may choose to if you wish. Remember to respect the wishes of others and keep your distance.
When in public spaces you must follow the requirements of the venue.
If wearing a face covering it must follow the guidance issued on Gov.uk.
You may be asked by staff to briefly remove your face covering for the purposes of identification.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide printed materials, props or stationery as we have done in the past. If a text or course handout is required for the day, we will send you an electronic copy with the joining instructions. You can then either:
We also recommended that you bring pens and notepaper for the course and we will remind you of this and any other equipment you will need in the joining instructions.
We are pleased to be able to offer a simple lunch, along with tea, coffee and juice. To ensure compliance with Covid-19 guidance food arrives in it’s own box. We are able to cater for a small number of special diets and your joining instructions will tell you how to order them.
- Social distancing: limited capacity on all our courses to ensure distances of at least 2m between individuals.
- Face coverings: you will be required to wear a face covering inside the building unless exempt. During the course, you will be required to wear a face covering, unless exempt.
- Sanitising stations and cleaning routine: there will be frequent sanitising stations around the building with hand sanitiser. Each room will be cleaned thoroughly between scheduled uses.
- Protective screens: our reception staff will greet you from behind a plastic protective screen.
- Testing and sign-in upon arrival: you will be required to sign in upon arrival at RADA Studios to confirm that you do not have Covid-19. In line with Track and Trace requirements, this information is kept for 21 days.
- Catering: We will not be providing catering before mid-September. Our RADA Studios venue is just off Tottenham Court Road where there is a choice of supermarket shops and takeaway cafes for you to purchase food. Please note that upon re-entering the building, you will need to sign in again.
- Risk assessments: a risk assessment will have been conducted prior to the event taking place with necessary measures in place, which have been deemed sufficient for limiting the spread of infection.
- Additional measures: where possible, windows in all rooms where events are scheduled to take place will remain open to ensure sufficient ventilation. In our Studio Theatre where there are no windows, the doors will remain open. There will also be minimal movement by staff and students between buildings to limit spread of infection.
- I don’t feel well on the morning or during the day.
- Someone else develops symptoms in the room.
- I have been in touch with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or is showing symptoms.
- There is another lockdown or change in Government rules
- I already had a vaccine.
All our buildings are cleaned daily before use and rooms are cleaned between events if they involve different groups of people. Sanitation wipes, as well as hand sanitiser, will be available in each room for you to use.
Please ensure you wash or sanitise your hands before and after using shared equipment.
We recognise that not all of our participants will be able to travel to our venue without using public transport. We recommend that, where possible, you minimise the amount of travelling on public transport and always follow the Government’s Safe Travel Advice.
We are unable to accept liability for any cancelled travel or accommodation bookings.
There are bike racks available on Malet Street. No bike storage is available inside the buildings.
There are several Santander Cycle docking stations in the area, including on Malet Street, Alfred Place, Bayley Street (off Tottenham Court Road), Charlotte Street, Scala Street and Ridgmount Street.
In the event that you fall ill on the morning of the course or do not pass the temperature check upon arrival at RADA Studios, we will be in touch within 48 hours to offer you the opportunity to transfer to another course for free. In the event that you become unwell during the course and need to leave, we reserve the right to decide the amount of the original fee that is refunded. This will be determined by the length of time spent participating in the course before departure and we will require a medical certificate or positive Covid-19 test.
We have a number of Covid safety measures in place across our RADA Studios venue to ensure all visitors remain safe. It is important that everyone follows the guidelines, which will be sent to you in the joining instructions. They will also be signposted around the venue. Measures include:
Please contact us on 0207 307 5060 or email@example.com as soon as possible if you are feeling unwell, are exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms (e.g. new persistent cough, high temperature, loss or change to sense of smell or taste) or have tested positive for Covid-19 using a rapid lateral flow or PCR test.
If you need medical advice about your symptoms, please call 111 or visit the NHS online coronavirus service. If you feel very unwell or think there’s something seriously wrong, you must call 999 as soon as possible. If you are at home, remain there and follow self-isolation guidance from Public Health England. If you are on site, please stay where you are and notify the tutor or a member of the Reception team who will let you know the next steps to be taken.
In the event that you fall ill on the morning of the course, we will be in touch within 48 hours to offer you the opportunity to transfer to another course for free. In the event that you become unwell during the course and need to leave, we reserve the right to decide the amount of the original fee that is refunded. This will be determined by the length of time spent participating in the course before departure and we will require a medical certificate or positive Covid-19 test.
The individual will be advised to leave the building, go straight home and consult immediately with NHS 111. If you are in an event where someone has exhibited symptoms, you will also be asked to return home and self-isolate until the result of the suspected Covid-19 case is known. If this occurs, we will offer you a free transfer on to another one of our in-person or virtual courses.
Please check UK government guidance to determine your level of contact and risk of developing Covid-19 symptoms. If you have been identified as a contact of a person who has had a positive test result for Covid-19, you must follow guidance from Public Health England.
If the UK Government announces another lockdown or tighten restrictions for when you are scheduled to attend one of our courses, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible that the course will no longer be running. If this occurs, we will be able to offer you a place on one of our virtual courses delivered over Zoom or we can offer you a full refund of the original course fee. We regret that we will not be able to refund any bookings you have made for travel or accommodation.
The NHS Guidance is that whilst the vaccine reduces the risk of you getting a severe infection there is a chance you might still get or spread Covid-19. We ask that, regardless of your vaccine status, that you follow all protocols to ensure a Covid-secure working environment for all. Until the vaccine programme is complete and/or the government advises further, we ask that you follow our Covid guidelines to ensure the safety of others around you.