Media Performance Training
Drawing on RADA's pedagogy of equipping actors to perform and deliver in front of an audience authentically and skilfully, this intensive and immersive two-day programme, held at RADA Studios in London, will enable you to confidently handle any type of live or recorded media interview or presentation, including television and radio broadcasts, successfully.
Become a trusted and confident spokesperson for your company
Created for employees and c-suite executives required to speak publicly about their company, including: crisis management, communicating company strategy, or speaking directly to the press, this programme will ensure that you deliver your messages with credibility and equip you with the tools to hold your space and manage your content, in the face of the most tough or challenging of interviews.
Lasting two days, participants benefit from receiving performance training from two expert and highly experienced tutors: Louise Collins, a qualified voice coach specialist on day one, and Robert Taylor, an experienced journalist and media training expert on day two.
We advise a follow-up one-to-one coaching session after day-two, to support you with the specific development area that your tutors will identify during the course. This is optional and we can provide you with a quote once you book. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
What else can you expect?
- Day one: Unique to RADA and the value of our performance expertise, you will explore the essential communication skills required to manage yourself and interviewers skilfully. You will discover how to use the body, breath and voice to maximise your presence and gravitas and the techniques required to handle interruptions and stay on message. You will experience the opportunities and potential pitfalls that interviews can expose you to and conclude the day with interview practise, in a low risk space.
- The embodied nature of the work means that the learning is embedded in the muscle memory, ensuring it sticks when you need it most.
- Day two: The stakes heighten as the training progresses, led by our expert journalist, Robert Taylor, framing the learning from an interviewer’s perspective. The day involves intensive interview rehearsal in front of mics and cameras. Delegates are supported continuously throughout the programme by their tutors, through practical learning and theory, in both group and individual settings.
Three interview types will be prepped for and explored on day one and practiced on day two:
- The promotional interview - requiring you to create excitement and inspiration with your audience when promoting (for example) a new offering, strategy or identity.
- The crisis interview - enabling you to manage your message with credibility and clarity in order to reaffirm trust in yourself and/or your company; to reduce the heat from an urgent situation.
- The issues interview - allowing you to flex between the two styles of credibility and inspiration: soothing issues and highlighting value.
Optional one-to-one coaching
- The optional coaching, which we advise you to take, means that not only does the learning stay with you but it evolves, as different scenarios or challenges can be applied and practiced with our tutors, post event.
A maximum participant/tutor ratio of four to two provides a high level of individual attention, coaching and feedback.
- Advanced communication skills: body language, vocal presence, state management
- The ability to manage messages and narrative: identifying and sticking to core messages to present; preparation; bridging phrases; handling interruptions and distractions; spotting diversion techniques; influencing the viewer’s response, landing messages with clarity and skill
- Media engagement: how to optimise a variety of media technologies to your advantage. This includes cameras, microphones, screens, phones and face-to-face
- Key learnings from successful and catastrophic interviews on film
- Interview experience: practical real time and recorded interviews with your tutor and journalist, Robert Taylor, in front of the camera, with on the spot replay, feedback and coaching
- Interview simulations under the guidance of an expert tutor and journalist
How to book
Book for in-person
Helpful to know
We adhere to the current government guidelines with regards to Covid-secure working, including social distancing and use of face coverings. As guidelines change, we will amend our approaches accordingly. There is more information on our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us at email@example.com.
Choose the start date of your in-person course through Eventbrite.
- This course runs consecutively from its starting date
- Eventbrite price includes VAT